4.15.2009

Everything I Learned about Writing

A painter is to a writer as paint is to words. I learned that writing is a way in which to open up your mind and let it go crazy. Writing has allowed me to keep the constant thoughts about life in general that slowly pass through my mind. I used to be scared of writing, afraid that my words would make no sense on the paper, but now, writing is no longer a daunting task to me; it is one which I very much look forward to. There are very few rules, if any, to writing; creative writing for yourself, that is. Be comedic, be scary, by honest, be harsh, be creative, be who you are. Let writing be a valley in which you walk to let out your thoughts and ideas. Allow the valley to be the place to walk through easy and to be the place in which you can sing at the top of your lungs and have no one near you. Let us all be thankful for the beauty and glory of words and embrace them by sharing them with others to create more for the world. Use each word with respect and care, hug them as if they are your child, and allow them to represent who you are.

-Ariella Faitelson

2 comments:

Mrs. Young said...

Several things I love about this piece, Ari: enjoy the freedom of expression in allowing our minds to go crazy, acknowledge simple beauty, and use words with respect and care. I love that. You do this!

Jordan said...

This is very personal! I like how you start off about how you and writing first got along and how you over came your fears! I'm glad that it has become such a joy to you. You cleverly represent how awesome writing is and how it can become such a big part of our lives by using nature refrences! Nice!