4.15.2009

Everything I Learned About Writing

                Writing is an influential language printed on paper that can unite people together through the beauty and essence of language and life experiences we can all relate to in one way or another. It constantly allows us to open our minds and take notice into new words and ideas. Throughout my schooling at St. Gregory I have learned that writing or reading for a homework assignment does not have to be a chore or a burden that is pushed to the side. Instead, I like to think of them, for myself, to be an opportunity to become aware of something about a person, event, or topic that I have never taken notice into before. Writing also triggers all the senses and reminds us of the past and gets us thinking about the future. My favorite style of writing is the kind that creates images of the simple beauties in nature and happy moments life can offer us that I can treasure and think back to when times are tough.

3 comments:

Mrs. Young said...

Thanks for reminding me of the "uniting" influence writing has -- the act itself has brought together 15 very different personalities this year, making us aware (as you said) of perspectives outside our own. Nice submission.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

I like the way that you made this piece sincere and personal for you. The notion that writing is a language of its own could be fun to play with and to build on. Nice job Sarah :)