4.14.2009

Everything I Learned About Writing

Writing is how an individual communicates. It allows you to convey a thought or feeling to someone you may not know, and this is a great responsibility. A good writer can change the mood, and outlook of every person who reads their work. This is a great power few realize. Although you have to recognize this responsibility, you cannot be concerned with every person who might read what you wrote. You should choose one person to write for, and focus on them. I write for myself. Writing is not about making others happy, or sad, or getting revenge. For me, writing is just about telling the truth, and trying to make sense of this chaotic whirlwind I call my life. This is how I cope with situations I cannot understand. I may have hurt some feelings, but I cannot concern myself with that. I have learned to be strong, and honest, and only produce work I can stand behind one hundred percent. I write to find peace of mind, and that is what is important. And that is what I learned about writing.

Chaviess

2 comments:

sytat said...

I must agree on how you mentioned that only a good writer can change the mood, and outlook of every person who reads their work because you really can't get that same experience by reading a bad piece of work.

Mrs. Young said...

Several things I love about this: you spoke of "great responsibility" and "choosing one person to write for." This brings gravity to the act of writing, and you've reminded us of an intended audience.